Monday, August 27, 2007

Paul Tracy Part Deux- Sanpete style.

How do you spell pain - P.A.U.L T.R.A.C.Y... simply stated after Sat's race even my hair hurts...

The Canyon boy's did a great job doing the tactical things at first, then it was go time... 2 on 2 with Andre Gonzalez and myself matched up with Jim "Wingman" Robbins and Steve "Hazardous material" Kircher (sorry I forgot the nickname but it works). From this point on it was a hard paceline going forward, non-stop... these guys are horses, or more accurately Mustangs... they would have just kept on going... even if everyone blew up... until they ended up in the Atlantic off of Maine...

Jim was relentless, and Steve's elastic band never unwound. At the end Steve wanted to drag race at 1000 meters, I cramped badly at 1200, he wanted to wait for me, huh? I implored him to take it (he deserved it). I had to pedal in right footed (that must have looked pretty ugly). I made it in, only to cramp for the next 1/2 hour. This is not an excuse, this is simply the fact of trying to pace with those cylclodroids...well it didn't kill me... so I must be stronger. Thanks Canyon gang for all of the hard work, Andre for being there and sticking it out and to the P.T. guys for putting the big hurt on... I'm just glad Mike "Chickey" Anderson decided to just sit in... Seriously, thanks guys for another "lesson," school was definately in session.

Congrat's to solid Ben Nichols for winning his first Cat 3 race (after coming soooo close) and to Spence DeBry, great race and even better sportsmanship bra.

The Mazda 45+ crew had a pretty good day taking 1-3 and 5. When Gary Porter is acting as a domestique...enough said. Teammate Louie Riel was outnumbered but worked his Canadian Bacon off regardless of group numbers, nice job...

Last but not least, T-Mac was in the house and he looks pretty good... needless to say his mere prescense was insirational and a sight for sore eyes... Raise a big Dave Harward Kiev Brewha for Mr Terry... In fact two or three for the dude, I can't think of anyone more worthy!

4 comments:

Chicky said...

The Hornet strikes again!....Good Job Bruce on a hard earned 2nd place. The two horses I brought with me "Robocop" and "The Wingman" are better suited for courses like that. Pure Power!. To tell you the truth, I was glad when your breakaway got up the road. I was dam tired from Gap. Had there been more climbs, you would have been in control sir. For your team to have two guys in the breakaway, showed good team tactics and strength of the Canyon riders. Until next time Hornet!

B-Horn said...

Thanks Chicky,

I'm with you, b/w the TdG and Sanpete, I need a 3,000 mile check up, my tires rotated and a new trainy... I can image what your training rides are like...

Anonymous said...

Nice job Bruce and Oh I ghuess we didnt tell you about Kircher, Aka Robo Cop, he kinda needs to be handled with care, So I your nick name works also... Wait until you meet Mr Freeze,WOW.. he is sick! Like always your a class act thanks again love your blog,

B-Horn said...

Enforcer, oh man! Robo Cop, Wingman and now Mr Freeze, I feel like I'm on the wrong end of an action flick.

I am now going to recover for 26 weeks in preparation... thanks again, and rip it up, I'm sure you will.