Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Dave Z and Kaylee

Ok, today I was already going to write about end of the season burn-out, and not to forget to count your blessings for just being healthy enough to ride... to many times we get caught up in racing and forget that we are really fortunate...

Then I read Stormin Norman Sr's (Mr Clean) blog and I get all charged up again... Story goes Z-man threw his bottle at the feed zone nailing little Kaylee, obviously upsetting her greatly. Z-man found out about it and promptly makes a phone call directly to Kaylee to apologize...

I can't imagine what it's like being Z around here trying to mind his own business and train. And for anyone who knows him, he's a bit off center in wit in the first place, and secondly tries to be somewhat reclusive. Yet when a mistake occurs he does the right thing and picks up the phone for a little local girl.

Dave, you know you have a ton of support around here, we all dig when you bury the Euro's in a prolog or TT, or for that matter wear yellow... but that is nothing compared to the phone call. As I tell my son, anyone can develop talent, but those who display class are the real deal's. The phone call is what did it for me, you are the real deal.

My newest entry in the Hornet Hall of Fame, Dave Z for doing the right thang! Good job and thanks for making my day! Damn, I'm really psyched about this one, can ya tell?

B.H.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen

MC

B-Horn said...

I spoke with Norm Jr on the phone about it- Stormin told me Dave threw his bottle down at the ground in an attempt not to hit someone, but it was a bit hard and bounced up and hit his sister. I know both Norm Sr (Mr Clean) and Stormin pretty well. They are first and foremost protective of family...yet they both don't believe it was intentional or that Dave was even mad, it just happened, and were really impressed by his personal phone call...by the way the Amen comment is from MC, Mister Clean, I think that speaks volumes.

Mistress Julie said...

I would go with you this Sunday on a ride but I don't know when and where you all start.

I need to purge some sins. Let me know!

Galena Summit is an awesome road ride. I'll tell you all about it. Please email me at:
ridetrashgirl@gmail.com