Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Blistering descent!

Got up at the crack of dawn to do Little C.C. this morning... went into a fairly strong head wind... needless to say I was ready to go in the other direction by the end.

I was just going down minding my business, kind of zoning out when I decided to pedal. I thought my chain came off because nothing was happening, and I was probably doing 130 rpms... so I look down and my chain is on the big ring and the 11 cog... then I look at the computer and it reads 63mph and I wasn't even trying! I love tailwinds on descents. It's like a killer ride at Magic mountain or something...

4 comments:

Piotrek said...

I did a similar thing the morning before. Didn't quite hit the same MPH, but the ascent was memorable. Again, happy to still have you with us. Keep buzzin'.

primetime formerly known as slyfox said...

i hit 83mph on the dh last night, on the single track

yaa

Anonymous said...

63...dayumn. I think 57 is my max, t which point I start to think about what would happen if a tire blew, or something. Eek, nice work on LCC though at 6 AM, you're more of a man than I.

B-Horn said...

Thanks gents,

Sly you prob could man... I reek on single track descents, I have to hammer on the uphills just to watch my beer belly bro's kick my ... on the descents...