Sunday, August 5, 2007

Near death experience.

The Huntsville 100 was eventful to say the least...

Was trying to catch Zan at the turnaround going hard...signalled to the official by twirling my right hand in a circle to make sure... he did it back, then he began to yell at a car behind me to slow down, and indicated that I was going to pull a U-ee... I cornered fast and then a motorcycle passed me at about 60 just missing me by an inch, giving the official a coronary... I didn't really think about it because I was so focused on Zan, but on the drive home I got a bit freeked over it... so please make sure you ALWAYS do a quick check back over your shoulder, and another to oncoming traffic at turnarounds... I know it is common sense, but in the heat of a race...

It's great to have Zan back in form, he put on a clinic going at 1 mile in...Zan never makes excuses, always rides hard and is a model of class, he is a bikemissle, with the fajizzle, and one of my favorite dudes, with Porter and the crew, that is one formidable club... congrats Z2-man.

To the guy who Nascar-ed me today during my ride with the Claw, this bud isn't for you! Your diatribe about "lycra wearing pansy TdF wannabe's" was truely awe-inpiring, just get it straight, when referring to me- it's correctly stated "lycra wearing pansy TdF wannahornet" Jack. I truely hope I scared the bejesus out of you... By the way, side note... he was wearing some of those Sear's bought polyester pants that expand at the waist (I think they are called Sansibelt)... anyway guess it takes one to know one... let's see what to wear, since I can't wear my leather chaps on the ride, I'll just pick lycra shorts over my circa 1973 polyester trousers 9 times out of 10, ya think?

2 comments:

Piotrek said...

Glad to still have you with us.

UtRider said...

Yeah, glad you came out of that experience unscathed. It's funny how much we tune out on the bike.