Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Raise one for Columbia!

Tuesday's TdF climbing stage was pretty cool. First of all I reviewed it plenty of times on the TiVo in slo-mo, then in partial mo', so I definately saw more than the average TV sloth...

Here are the hidden facts to as what happened. Mauricio Soler, who's real name is Mauricio Juan Javier Edgar Manuel Roberto Maria Rodriquez Martinez Jiminez Soler just took command during the last climb like a fat boy boxing out his little bro's for the last chocholate Dunkin Hole-he simply would not be denied. On replay I saw Juan Valdez hand him two shots of super espresso Columbian Dark java from the Bartoworld team car just prior to the attack, and one more in the final 10k. That pretty much did it. In fact he didn't drink or eat anything else...all day or after the race... If you look at the pre-tour stats he stood at 6'3" and weighed 188lbs, yesterday pre race he was only 147lbs... and by the end of the tour he will be 89lbs...

There is nothing like a dude from a B team taking it to the big's. He attacked, flew by the lead dudes then said "zelzebarez mi salsafritos" which is an old Columbian bike racing term (loose interpetation) "you guys ride bikes uphill like your riding a freekin' snell (Normism)... so I'm gonna take it to you, just a try to hold my flaming wheels my little friends!" He has max moxie!... I hope he does the same thing next week in the mountains... can he TT better than Rass-ma-tazz... who know's, with the right java?...

7 comments:

Piotrek said...

Trautwig/Bobke got nothing on the Hornet. Now, if you can do all that with a Phil Liggett voice, the sky's the limit.

B-Horn said...

Thanks Polka-dot man I really appreciate it, but there is no way my voice is in the same league as Phil's...and Bobke is the balls... Trautwig is kind of a dork though, I say replace him with G-love...or T-Mac any day of the week...

Anonymous said...

Yea, but how about that Angus Dude?

MC

B-Horn said...

You got me MC, he tanked on the climb... and I had such high hopes... better keep my day job eh?

Forrest said...

I just like hearing Phil talk about the World Extreme Cage Fighting that follows the tour.

B-Horn said...

Forrest,

That is funny that you mention it...I just thought about it today... it's pretty violent and here is a guy that says stuff like "he is riding ovely, what an ascending angel"... the irony of it all Forrest, the irony!

B-Horn said...

Forrest,

That is funny that you mention it...I just thought about it today... it's pretty violent and here is a guy that says stuff like "he is riding ovely, what an ascending angel"... the irony of it all Forrest, the irony!