Monday, September 10, 2007

No Way!

Today something pretty cool happened, it just goes to show how Karma is linked and what a small world it really is... hope you like it.

First the facts then how they relate-

  1. Three years ago I rode for Midoule and really enjoyed it. To this day when I see the guys we'll hook up to ride. Hence Chris Petersen was nice enough to keep me on their active e-mail list.
  2. I host the Tour de France competition in July on this blog, the winner gets his/her beverage of choice. Utrider wins. We exchange names and numbers to get the job done.
  3. I receive a chain e-mail from a Midoule rider Brian V. on Friday with regard to a bike that was stolen from him, that he found on e-bay... with great info on how to prevent theft and what to do after the fact.
  4. I post it Friday (see blog)
  5. I get a phone call at work this morning from a guy who saw his bike listed on a link within Brian's text.

Those are the facts, this is how it runs... the rider listed in #5 calls me at work because he knows Utrider, who is one of only a few people with my work phone number, or for that matter know my full name...

So sometimes blogs work, and they work fast... but this would not have come about without Midoule keeping me on their active chain e-mail group; and without Brian V. taking the time to help others (let alone attaching some key links of stolen bikes) and then finally the advent of the blog to distribute the information...

Job done for the day, everyone raise a big cold one for Karma, technology, a bit of good luck and the recovery of a another bike.

B-Horn


2 comments:

UtRider said...

Hopefully he can get his bike back. I wish I had been able to contact him faster so either he or I could have won the eBay auction. How sweet would that have been to arrange for local pickup only to show up with a police officer?

Your blog is one of the best around. Keep it rolling!

B-Horn said...

That would be AWESOME! Imagine the look on that snake's face...

Thanks for the kudo's, but man I really like your blog. Soon the races end and I just have fun Mt Biking, and no doubt your blog will serve as a great place to reference excellent rides... always great pic's and descriptions!