Thursday, January 3, 2008

P-man called me out- so here are my five thangs




Cinco things you didn't know about me.


1. I am an illegal immigrant from New Hampshire

2. I am on the witness protection program, and serve as the organization's live spokesman for media relations.

3. I wear a toupe... on my chest.

4. I was once told to go out for indoor track... so I did of course, relying on pure talent without any training or coaching. My first race was in the bubble at UNH. I ran the 800 meters by sprinting the first 400 at 100% and dusting the field by 50 meters, then I subsequently hit the wall soon after, and got passed by the entire field as I jogged (more like flogged) the last 200 meters- to the roar of the crowd, my teammates and coaches.

5. I won the annual URI Air Band Competition with my buds by impersonating Dale Bozzio (the femme fatal blonde lead singer) of Missing Persons infront of a crowd of 2,500 **while wearing a mini shirt, stilleto pumps a blond wig, lots of paint and some well placed inserts (see Dale below) and at http://www.dalebozzio.org/dalecontents.html ... for two years after I heard, hey you were the guy...

Miss Julie would have been jealous of me fo' sure!

8 comments:

Piotrek said...

Dunno, I get a feeling you don't take us very seriously Dale. I knew all of those.

DeletedBlog said...

NO WAY!!!! I want to see pics of you dressed up like that!!!! hahaha

Anonymous said...

your tactics for indoor track are similiar to my cross racing. Errr,they aren't really tactics on my part, starting fast is all I know how to do......

B-Horn said...

P-man, you were the guy screaming in the front row!

Sohmy, I used to have some great pics, I will have to look. Just don't get too excited on the next team ride.

MT, at least you still look good by the end of the race, literally the last 200 meters were simply for entertainment value only... judging by the the amusement everyone seemed to get out of the deal.

Mistress Julie said...

Can I borrow that outfit when you are done with it? :)

B-Horn said...

No prob it works great for weddings.

Alexandra the Great said...

Are you really from the Granite State? Me too. I'm the SS CX guy with orange gloves. An illegal from NH via TX... a convoluted route.
Thanks for your participation at the cross races. We gotta have someone to quite Gardy every once in awhile ;)
Cheers
BykMor

B-Horn said...

Thanks man, but Gardie is the numero uno, we gotta keep him at all costs- he said he would announce next year!!! (and he's from Boston no less)No way, where?

I am originally from Milford, then moved to Nashua and Manchester before here...Where are you from?

I just watched about 50 hours of Primary coverage on C-SPAN and they even cut into WMUR for feeds... it was pretty cool, sometimes I really miss it.