Thursday, June 21, 2007

Calling all you MS and Elkhorn Classic riders!

Just made my first donation for the MS ride this weekend, to a gal that works pretty diligently all the time just doing the family thing, but can bust a move on the aluminum Kona, and especially hard when the road tips up...Finally, she then will kick your ... in the gym immediately after. Most importantly she really enjoy's the ride that holds a lot of personal meaning in her life. Anyway check out the website it looks like a lot of fun, on and off the bike. These guys are going to be working overtime in 100 plus degree weather. So don't forget to drink vast quantities of your favourite coloured beverages, and keep it smooth and steady. It's very obvious they made scads of denero's for the cause, good job to all.

To my Mazda bud's and Mckone (spelled it right bra!) traveling up to the Elkhorn Classic Stage Race this weekend, lay down the law! For those of you not familiar with the race, it has really long and hard climbs on multiple stages, sounds like a good prescription for success for you guys.

For me, I'm gonna get the stinger out really early on Saturday and Sunday for a little bit of time in various canyons. Saturday, front side of South Mountain, then American Fork and back up the Mexican side of the Col de Sud (so I'm sure I'll see tuRBo representin' in the U.C. 'hood). Then Sunday, Little, followed by Mill a couple of times to keep outta da soleil. Get out early so you don't burn off the antennae in the sun. Anyway if you want to hook up, let me know, if not the Canyon Bike Boy's will be riding this weekend out of Canyon Bicycles in Draper, they usually leave at 9am both days, but that could change with the Nigerian like weather we have. It's definately worth it to go with the C.B.B.'s, and when else can you ride with the "Claw" up close and personal without paying. The shop's phone number is 576-8844 to inquire.

Cheers,

Hornet.

3 comments:

Piotrek said...

No downtown crit for you I gather?

B-Horn said...

Polka-dot man, I've gotta start getting a bit of long sustained climbing in. I just don't think that going a round in circles chasing tail for 45 min's is as important with what I've got to prepare for next month. I think I will leave it to the Crit masters to lay it down. I'll go and cheer my mates on. So if you plan on doing it- I'll be in the gallery pro-motin the Lion King sprinters.

Piotrek said...

As much as I'd prefer to do some sustained climbing I must exorcise my inner demons by riding in circles (squares actually) with the Lion King sandbaggers. I'm still in a "do what doesn't come naturally" phase of my life. "I must do the exact opposite", as George Constanza would say.