Monday, October 22, 2007

Cyclo- Cross is mucho funno!

Announced Cross for the second time yesterday, the first was with the Marek... and yesterday with G-Love. Both days were a gas.

Working with Marek is like being on an ESPN7 cyclocross set. He has all of the sayings of an A-list broadcaster. Aka "cool as the other side of the pillow" sort of stuff, and he runs around like Sandy Perrins on crack... let alone the creative names he comes up with for certain parts of the course. I needed his help, my first race at RMR was the men's C's, which if I self graded my performance on a scale of 1-10, I would venture to guess that I was pretty close to a minus 14. But, after that it came together a bit better and was a BLAST!

G-Love (aka Luscious Jackson) is simply legendary at the task. Before, during and after races a ton of people come by to say hi and check in with the man. Yesterday, was a double whammy because we are both from the Boston area and big Sox fans (how else do you think I got the gig) so we, (ok, I) talked Sox trash throughout the race. I really look forward toward working with Gardie again, he made it really enjoyable.

Saw T-Mac at the UCA awards fest, and he announced on Saturday, so man, we have the Big Dawg of the Tour de Utah rolling out the commentary, sweet. So I guess what I'm sayin' is I'm a pretty lucky guy....go figure, those three are like Ramirez, Ortiz and Lowell, sorry I digress...11-2...sorry, three straight...whoops!

Matt Ohran, Jon Gallagher and the crew really do a great job with the setting up the courses, general organization, officiating and scoring, basically the whole enchilada. And lastly, all the sponsors donating a lot of time, support and cool stuff. If you have some spawn that want to play cross, bring 'em out, Canyon Bicycles of Draper will set em up on a loaner cross bike to see if Cross is for them, if it's not they don't supply violins, sorry.

Note from the Nest- Bob Walker went down at the barrier section yesterday, where he broke his leg... Dr. Kris was right there attending to him... and yeah he rode his bike to the car! Best wishes Bobchops for a speedy recovery, everyone will miss you man!

I am really impressed with the whole show, thanks for letting me be part of it. My goal now is to screw up less and less each race, I know- big aspirations. Anyway, up next, comments about Cross at the RMR on 10/13 and Wheeler on 10/21...

Out,

B-Horn

9 comments:

Mistress Julie said...

Super fun having you out there! Next time I'll give you a big hug too. I don't want you feeling left out.

B-Horn said...

Thanks, but please hug me after the race... if you do it before- I might get overly excited and chase you around the course.

Piotrek said...

Easy now B-Horny.

Anonymous said...

I'm with the mistress, great announcing! Remember hugs afterwards usually include mud.

B-Horn said...

MT- I learned that fast, when I left everyone was asking why I had mud on my Sox cap. It must have been Mitch Peterson since thats about all he can personal see of me, or for that matter reach me!

...and by the way good job to both you guys, you lit it up on the course AND on the net!

DeletedBlog said...

You did great man!!!!

B-Horn said...

Thanks Sohminator, I had to bring my A game when I saw you bra.

DeletedBlog said...

Lol! I like spectating at cyclo cross! you should call the new Porculized rider (kevin wilde) Caveman! cause he resembles the caveman on the geico commercials! and it kinda rhymes with kevin....

B-Horn said...

Caveman it is, thanks, I can always use more nicknames.